Who should attend this course?
This course has been created especially for in-house SEO managers and digital marketing leaders who are looking to establish or strengthen their in-house SEO function.
It is especially useful for:
- SEO professionals who have moved or are looking to move from an agency role to an in-house role.
- In-house SEO professionals who need help to get their strategies implemented.
- Marketing professionals who have taken SEO responsibilities in their role, and want to make sure their skill set is up to date and has no major gaps.
The course is highly collaborative. We will collectively workshop solutions to the different issues that students are facing in their day-to-day jobs.
Stakeholder management - the essentials of stakeholder management and cross-functional collaboration:
- Learn how to work effectively across teams in your business. We will cover the best practices to speak to content, PR and data.
- When to bring in the help of agencies, freelancers and consultants.
- Learn some psychology-based tips to identify your stakeholders' communication style and the best way to persuade them.
Collaborating with developers - how to write good tickets and get them implemented:
- Who should you be speaking to to get your recommendations implemented.
- Finding common goals with the development teams.
- Understanding the basics of agile methodologies.
- How to write good development tickets and get them prioritised.
SEO reporting - How to get your stakeholders to care.
How to create a data-driven SEO strategy from scratch:
- Understanding the 3 pillars of SEO: technical SEO, content and links.
- Identifying your SEO competitors.
- How to perform competitor analysis to drive your own strategy forward.
- Designing an SEO strategy and getting sign off.
In-house SEO workflow - Daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly checks.
Choosing the right SEO tools for your business.
Student-led case study - We will collaborate to solve a specific problem highlighted by a student in the course.
What to expect
It is suggested that you bring a laptop for this session, although it isn't essential.
If you register for one of our Brighton training courses you not only get a day of in-depth and practical training from some of the industry’s most respected professionals, you also get a ticket to brightonSEO, the world’s biggest specialist SEO event on the days following your training.