Who should attend this course?
This course is suitable for:
- Beginners (digital and creative markers) eager to learn link building fundamentals.
- Digital PRs looking to enhance their campaigns through broader SEO.
- SEO professionals ready to refresh and develop their link building skills.
The course covers an end-to-end process for building a variety of link types, exploring the following topics:
Introduction to link building
- The importance of links.
- The history of link building.
- ROI and making a business case.
- Link theory and analysis.
- Link quality standards.
System setup & workflow
- Skill sets and team development.
- Toolset and link data sources.
- Project management and processes.
- Running an outreach audit.
- Prospecting, pitching, and publishing.
- Tracking and reporting.
- Pitch techniques and negotiation.
- Content production.
- Foundational links.
- Outreach tactics.
- Digital PR tactics.
- Creative asset tactics.
- Detoxing, security, and penalties.
What to expect
This end-to-end Link Building and Outreach course will help you discover what link building is, why it’s important, and how to do it.
We’ll explain how you can adopt a holistic approach, leveraging all disciplines to develop a diverse and optimised backlink portfolio. To achieve this, we’ll run through the full spectrum of link building techniques, offering tactics for content marketing, digital PR, and offsite SEO.
Along the way, we’ll show how we win top-tier coverage that grows brand awareness while conquering the SERPs. Our analysis will delve into the nitty-gritty elements of ranking algorithms, making it clear how your efforts can influence key rankings.
But building links is only one facet of what we do. Equally important is how we frame and present them, communicating their value to stakeholders. We’ll run through real-world case studies and anecdotes to prove this, highlighting our preferred methods.
At the end of the course, you’ll have some vital takeaways: a variety of link building actions, an improved understanding of how modern SEO is done, a bank of outreach templates, and a step-by-step ebook you can use to great effect.
Link building is an ever-evolving discipline, so it’s essential to keep your skills and methods updated. Let’s ensure that your SEO efforts pay off.
If you register for one of our Brighton training courses you not only get a day of in-depth and practical training from some of the industry’s most respected professionals, you also get a ticket to brightonSEO, the world’s biggest specialist SEO event on the days following your training.
It is suggested that you bring a laptop for this session, although it isn't essential.