Show don’t tell, that’s the power of video. You know it, but you’re struggling to produce video to promote your business. Maybe it’s because of the demand on your time and budgets or you simply don’t know where to start...
Don’t despair, you have a TV production studio in your pocket, and we’ll show you how get the most of it. This hands-on practical course has been designed to give you the understanding, skills and belief to start and scale the video creation process.
It will give you a framework to create video content on demand:
✔️ Without video production companies
✔️ Without expensive equipment
✔️ Without complicated workflows
This face-to-face workshop will fast-track your ability to produce video content in a digital landscape where video is becoming increasingly popular.
Unlocking the power of the camera that is always on you and learn a framework from which all your video and film creation begins. Even Hollywood directors use these same techniques to create the films you watch today.
• The opportunity – Why smartphones?
• What style for what platform?
• Landscape vs Portrait vs Square
• Leveraging your time - Shoot once, repurpose content multiple
• Paid marketing
Smartphone Video Equipment
• Film, audio and equipment
• Unlocking the hidden features in your phone
• Resetting your workflows.
• Upgrade your production from amateur to professional
• Telling a story (who, where, what, how)
• Shot framing – shot sequencing
• Planning and storyboarding your shoot
Video Creation - Practical Exercise
• Shoot a sequence of video shots to tell a story
• Hands on experience of equipment
• Hands on experience of native cameras
• Hands on experience of third-party apps
• Hands on experience of recording sound bites / audio / interviews
• Hands on experience of planning, sequencing and directing
Video Editing: Post-production
• Smartphone editing apps
• Story timelines and continuity
• Audio tracks / Voiceovers
• Subtitles, music, sound effects and graphics
Who is this course for?
This course is perfect for Business Owners, Marketing, PR and Communication Teams who oversee content creation and want to produce more video content as part of their marketing workflow. It will give you the skills to showcase more of:
✔️ Your Processes
✔️ Your Products
✔️ Your People
In a way that creates more authenticity and emotional connections with your audience. Designed by smartphone video enthusiasts and digital marketing experts, the course will introduce you to the fundamentals of creating mobile video moments and storytelling with your smartphone.
NOTE: You will be supplied with an app and equipment kit list to purchase once you enrol in the course. (Budget £125 approx.) Bring them to the workshop as you will be using these items to plan, shoot and edit video as part of a practical exercise.
This practical exercise will get you comfortable with the equipment and workflows and put you in the best place possible to get started once you're back at work.